Monday, December 21, 2009

Baking My Ass Off

....or to be more literal, on. No, actually with all the hundreds of cookies I have baked this month (and more to come) I have done pretty good enjoying them and not going overboard (except for Saturday) hehe.

I have basically lived in the kitchen the last week and have tons of pics of things I have baked and made but I will try and narrow this down for your sake. Thank me later :). I have also learned several things along the way of my baking adventures. Follow me as I recap....

Of course the little one and I made gingerbread houses. Its our yearly tradition. I had a vision of this beautiful gingerbread house we were going to make and photograph, sorta like the one....
my dreams were slowly crushed when I realized I was working with a 4 year old who wanted to draw x's and o's on the roof and Spongebob on the front of the house (I'll show you the better side)....
I also had a friend and her little ones over to help. Here is both the beauties side by side...
LESSON LEARNED

So Friday night I went on a little baking spree. And by little I mean four different types of cookies....Starting at the bottom we have Chocolate Chip with walnuts, then White Chocolate Macadamia Nut, Big Soft Ginger Cookies, and finally my newly famous Pumpkin Chocolate Chip.

As you can see I thought there was no better thing than having a glass or two or three of wine to ease my baking process....
( you can see our xmas presents in the back ground, the bar-stools)

Well, you see to much wine while baking isn't that great of an idea because it can lead to random ideas like tasting 3 of each cookie just make sure the recipients enjoy them as much as you...
LESSON LEARNED

I also baked a Carrot Cake a few days back and I learned that it is just as good without the frosting....
but unfortunately I learned the hard way that it doesn't keep well in the cupboard, BLAH!!!!

LESSON LEARNED

We also visited Santa the past week and I learned that Halloween is year round in my little ones eyes...
I am not quite sure the look she was going for here, somewhere between a cat and butterfly. I definitely got my ten bucks worth with that Halloween costume. She has worn it with everything for the past month straight. I am thanking my lucky stars right not that the tail broke the other day :).

CONFESSION OF THE DAY: All of our close family are getting this framed picture of the little one for Christmas...
Plus some of my fab cookies in a cute cookie tin :)

Followers