After an intense workout at the Y I came home to a yummy breakfast of Oatgurt topped with Artisanas Goji Bliss, blueberries, raspberries, and cinnamon.
I was freaking starving yesterday and I made my mid morning snack a bit earlier than normal. Man it was good....
I made this shake with
- 1 cup UCAM (unsweetened chocolate almond milk)
- 1 tiny frozen banana
- a few small frozen strawberries
- dark choc. cocoa powder
- dark choc. stevia
- handful of spinach
Hummus in your sweet potato = Heaven. That's a salad I made for dinner the other night, recipe coming soon.
I ended up still being hungry after lunch and found my head in the fridge and hand in the peanut butter jar. Opps!
I had no afternoon snack and a late dinner which is not pictured.
Today was a much needed day off from the gym. My bowl of oats this morning...
Just plain old oat bran, chia seed, mashed banana, and Artisana Coconut Butter and Amazon Bliss. Mmmmm
Tonight is a planned girls night with 2 of my friends at a restaurant downtown called Mad Donna's. Hopefully there will be some picture taking and a recap for all my favorite people :) (bloggie love).
Leaving all my friends with a recipe thanks to Clean Eating Magazine.
Zucchini & Shrimp Stir-Fry With Tofu & Snow Peas Over Barley
(I left out the tofu, barley, scallions and oil)
- 1/2 cup barley, rinsed
- 1 cup low sodium veg. broth
- 2 tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 large onion
- 3 scallions, white and green chopped
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen shrimp, deveined and peeled with tails one
- 2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 large zucchini squash, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 8 oz. extra firm tofu, drained and cut to 1in cubes
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas (I used frozen)
- Bring 1 cup water to boil in saucepan. Add barley. Stir in veg. broth. Reduce heat to simmer and cook about 20 min. or until tender. Drain. Set aside and cool.
- Meanwhile, heat a wok or large pan over medium heat. Add oil, swish around pan then add onion, scallions, shrimp, and soy sauce. Stir gently then add the rest of the veg. and tofu. Stir until tender.
- Carefully plate shrimp-veg. stir fry over barley. Serve hot.
420 cals, 13 g fat, 37 carbs, 35 g protein.
(the way I made it probably had around 250 cals a serving)
97 posts down 3 to go until my giveaway
CONFESSION OF THE DAY: I am getting my cat (yes, my actual cat, you know like the animal) shaved tomorrow into a lions cut. I cant stand all the shedding and I don't want hair all over my house during the baby shower I am throwing for my friend this Sunday.