- Lactose free cottage cheese
- peanut butter
Although the day had been sad, shocking but sad, I cheered us up with a new, easy, yummy dinner....
Black Bean Fajita Meatball Pitas
- 2 cups canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 egg white (I used egg substitute)
- 2 tsp lime juice, divided
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 medium green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 ww pitas
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 tomato diced
- Preheat oven to 425. Mash beans until smooth but chunky. In a large bowl, mix mashed beans, spices, garlic, egg white, lime juice with clean hands until blended well. Roll mixture into 24 meatballs, about 1 1/2 in. diameter. Place on a foil lined cookie sheet listed with cooking spray. Bake in oven for 15 min. Before cooking...
If you wanna make the Yogurt Lime Cilantro Dipping Sauce you need...
- 1 cup plain low fat yogurt
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 4 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients and set aside.
Nutrition Stats the above assembled pita: 340 calories, 10 grams of fat, 40 carbs, 11 grams fiber, 27 grams protein.
Here's the mans before adding the toppings...
All mashed up over my bed of spinach and salsa...
Yum!! Super great dinner and very versatile. The little one loves plain avocado...
Yesterday morning the man left for outta town extremely early so there was no gym for this lady :(. Breakfast filled the empty gap...
Cocoa oat bran with bananas and Macadamia Nut Butter.
Lunch was left overs...
and lots of veg with some ketchup (I was having some strange cravings). Lunch dessert was an absurd amount of organic chocolate chips with about 4 different nut butters gracing my spoon. Opps!!
Skip to this morning. I woke up to everyones favorite bowl...
Peanut butter on the bottom and coconut butter on the top. The goodness never ends in this bowl!!! I also had a glass of lemon lime carbonated water with some berries...
Now its off for some last minute shopping and food prep for tomorrow. I also think there may be a slumber party in my future (my parents are also outta town, so its just me and my girls).
Hope all you lovely people are having a great weekend!! Don't forget my next post will be the 100th!! I will reveal the prizes up for grabs and also the rules for entry.
CONFESSION OF THE DAY: Its almost impossible for me to get a good nights rest without the man lying next to me. Its even hard for me to go to bed. I always hit the hay early with him here but without him I never want to lye down.