- broccoli slaw
- chopped carrots
- lots of tomato
- dash of salt
She was so proud of herself...On the way home I got really car sick and started to get a headache. Weird. I laid down for a while and then started dinner. Thank the Lord for Clean Eating Magazine!! I love trying all those awesome recipes. Last nights test dinner,
SWEET POTATO BEEF STIR-FRY
- 1 lb eye of round beef steak (the steak I found had 120 cals for 4oz.)
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil (I omitted, but any oil will do)
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened apple butter
- 1 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 inch slice fresh ginger, crushed
- 2 cups sweet potato, diced into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup fresh green beans
- 1 tsp olive oil (I used pam spray)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- In a large bowl, mix beef, sesame oil, apple butter, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, garlic and ginger. Set aside.
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil in medium sauce pan. Add sweet potato, cook for 5 to 7 min. until tender, but still firm. Remove potato with slotted spoon; but do not drain water. Return to boil and add green beans. Boil for about 4 min. until soft but firm. Drain.
- Add oil to a large wok or skillet over high heat. Once hot, add beef mixture and onion, tossing quickly until done. Then toss in sweet potato and beans. Cook 1 more minute. Serve.
I served mine on top of a salad and picked out the sweet potatoes and added tomato and a ginger dressing...
I also had some lemon lime sparkling water with fresh lime. The man and the little one had side salads. This recipe is 2 thumbs up for sure!!!
Later I dipped my spoon into the peanut butter jar :).
This morning I did my typical 5 am Y class (I miss you Kim) and then came home to every ones favorite bowl...
That "bowl" contains the last remnants of my beautiful friends Heathers homemade almond butter and some dark chocolate oat bran with a few bananas on top. Yum!!!
I had to fight with these guys for the last few bites...
Doesn't the Dalmatian look angry?
Well that's all for today my friends. Have a great day!!
CONFESSION OF THE DAY: My parents still treat me like I am 15 years old. The other day they took the house key from me. Really? Come on!! haha
P.S. Vicki T. has not yet come forward to claim her prize from my giveaway. If she doesn't come forward by Friday all you lucky folks that entered are going to get a second chance! Don't get to excited!!!