It was great. I also added in some onion, broccoli, grape tomatoes, garlic and ls soy sauce. For my snack I gave into my craving.
Acorn squash, naturally more peanut butter (my all time fav) and a few toasted cinnamon squares cereal from Cascadian Farms. I also add a little liquid stevia and cinnamon for extra sweetness. YUMMY!!
For dinner I decided on breakfast since a had a lot of eggs that I cant eat :(. So for the man and little one I made a Spinach Frittata and Cheddar Muffins.
They are both really simple and obviously healthy :).
- 6 egg whites
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 green onion finely sliced
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 large white onion chopped
- 1/2 10 ounce package of baby spinach
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Set oven to broil. Beat egg whites until very frothy. whip in yolk, milk, green onion, garlic. Set aside
- Preheat oil in an ovenproof non stick skillet. Add onion and saute until soft and then add spinach. When wilted add egg mixture. Lower heat and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cook slowly until it is firm at the edges and around the middle. Place under the broiler until lightly browned on top.
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp raw brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup Yves meatless ham
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400. Line muffin tin with cups (I got ten muffins). In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in cheese and ham. In a small bowl combine egg, milk and oil. Pour liquid ingredients into the flour mixture and stir until flour is wet. Fill muffin tins to the top and bake for 20 to 25 min.
Here they are before going in the oven...
Everything turned out great (thanks Clean Eating Mag!!), But I couldn't eat any of it :(. I did however manage to eat this lovely late night snack...
Vitatop, peanut butter, and dark chocolate chips.
This morning I was excited to wake up and try my Oat Groats that had been soaking for a day and then simmered on the stove waiting for me to devour them. nom nom!! Here's what they looked like cooked...
You know I had to pulverize them :). With spinach...
So good. Just like regular oats but a bit chewier texture. I also had sausage and cottage cheese on the side...
After breakfast it was off to get ready to meet my darling friend Heather for a fun filled day of eating and shopping!! Of course we ate at Whole Foods, once again. My view of my plate (I got the salad bar)...
Heathers view of my plate...What I can remember of the mix...
- Curried wheat berries
- roasted red pepper hummus
- chickpea salad
- tomato and cucumber salad
- cherry tomatoes
- cubed turkey
- tempeh (first time trying it, I must say it had a strong dog food taste, not that I have tasted dog food, ok you got me, I have)
- trio of peppers
CONFESSION OF THE DAY: Being a stay at home mom is fun and all but sometimes you just need a BREAK!! Today was one of those times. The little one was starting to drive me up the wall and I know the feeling was mutual!! We are only human and even though she is only 3 she needs a break from me just as much as I need one from her. In fact, I insisted she stay the night tonight at my parents and she didn't argue!! LOL. I know she will have fun and will be elated to see me in the morning. I love that feeling when she runs to me after we have been apart!!