I also had this yummy Monkey Shake. Jay Robb Chocolate Brown Rice Protein Powder, banana, unsweetened choc. almond milk, peanut butter and ice.
Saturday, I went golfing with my man and then came home and made this delish Wheat Berry Salad with Peppers and Grapes....
- 3/4 cup wheatberries
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 red bell peppers, cut lenghtwise into flat panels
- 1 green bell pepper, cut lenghtwise into flat panels
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp walnut, or olive oil
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, quartered
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (I didn't use any)
- In a medium saucepan, bring the wheatberries and water to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the wheatberries are tender but still slightly chewy, about 1 hour. Drain. ( I used a crock pot on low for about 3 hours).
- Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. Place the bell pepper pieces, skin side up, on a broiler pan and broil 4 inches from the heat for 10 to 12 min. or until the skin is charred. When the peppers are cool, peel them and cit into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, and salt. Add warm wheatberries, bell peppers, grapes and scallions, and toss to coat. Serve warm, at room temp. or chilled.
I let mine sit over night and served the next day at my parents house when we grilled out.
After planting flowers for the first time ever outside our house I came in a made a Green Pumpkin Smoothie...
1/2 cup pumpkin, 3.5 ounces banana, 1/3 cup cottage cheese, ice. Blend and then add spinach. Blend again. Yum, I was hot and sweaty and it hit the spot!! Later in the evening we headed over to my folks for dinner. We grilled out. This was my plate. I later went back for some Wheat Berry Salad.
All items on the plate were grilled.
This morning I had a great sweaty work out that consisted of HIIT, sumo deads, front squats, corner presses, corner rows, db bench press, step ups, hammer curls, abs and the tread climber. Whoa!! I am tired just writing it!! When I got home I had my usual but this time I tried a new sausage...It was really good and tasted a lot like this one.
Only this Trader Joes brand was a tad bit smaller. The stats...
100 cals, 6g fat, 450g sodium (whoa), 2 carbs, 11g protein
This is sweaty, frizzy haired, no make up wearing pic that the little one insisted on taking of me this morning eating my sausage..
Now on to something with some meaning. Did anyone see this video last week on Oprah? If not please take 1 min. and 20 sec. out of your life to do so. It is actually just a snip it of this 12 part series that can be found here. It really struck a nerve with me and almost brought me to tears. I have really being trying to think of some sort of week long challenge to do based around avoiding plastic as much as humanly possible. If anyone is up for it let me know. Regardless I am going to challenge myself.
Hope everyone had a great weekend and is having a great start to their week!!!
CONFESSION OF THE DAY: Last August I weighed 7 pounds less than I do now. I would like to chalk it up to muscle but I highly doubt it :(.