First, I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone for your kind words about the loss of our beloved Kiki. I never thought in a million years that I would meet such nice and supportive people over the Internet. THANK YOU!!!
Here's a yummy chocolate covered shake I drink on Sat. while recovering from my wild Fri. night.
This is a Pan- "Fried" Chicken Burger I made the other night for dinner.
I have made chicken burgers before and they turned out pretty bland but these were EXCELLENT!! Here it is again on top of a salad...
Recipe is as follows...
- 2 slices of firm whole-wheat bread, torn into large pieces (I used a ww hot dog bun)
- 1/4 pound of cut up white mushrooms
- 1/3 cup packed parsley (I used sage because its what I had handy)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon (I omitted this and added dried parsley)
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1lb pre packaged lean ground chicken
- 2 scallions
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- In a food processor, process the bread, mushrooms, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper and tarragon until coarsely ground. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. Add chicken to the bowl along with bread mixture and scallions. Shape into 4 patties (I got 6 patties)
3. In a large non stick skillet, bring the water and the soy sauce to a simmer over medium heat. Add the chicken patties and cook, turning the patties once until richly browned and cooked through, about 7 min.
I got 6 pretty large patties. This nutrition in for 4.
177 calories, 2g fat, 2g fiber, 9 carbs, 29g protein
Now time for a Sausage review. Starting with the Trader Joes Mushroom and Asiago.
Pic of the inside bursting with mushrooms....
All chopped up with some lactose free cottage cheese.See it bursting with roasted carrots, red and green bell peppers, green beans, zucchini and onions? This sausage is tied as my favorite with this one. The flavor is just great and there is a slight hint of Asiago that is not to over powering. The stats are pretty impressive as well with
130 calories per 85g link, 7g of fat, 380 mg of sodium (pretty low for a sausage), 2 carbs and a whopping 14 grams of protein.
Next up is a not a Trader Joes sausage but another Al Fresco all natural one. It is the Roasted Garlic With Onion and Herbs Chicken Sausage.
Here I ate it with a Flatout Italian Herb wrap with spinach and mustard...
Although I liked this sausage it was not my favorite. The flavors were just a little off and I am not quite sure what it was. Maybe it was to sweet. The sodium was also a little high. I liked it but I probably wouldn't buy it again because the previous two sausages put it shame!! You can find the nutrition facts here.
I will leave you with this yummy chicken salad I consumed yesterday for lunch with lots of avocado and salsa.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!! Thanks again for all your thoughts on my last post!!!
P.S. If you love peanut butter like me you should check out some of these crazy combos I found. There are literally 100's of them and some are incredibly wacky but inspiring at the same time.
Crazy Peanut Butter Combos
I want to know if anyone has tried some of these. Like the peanut butter, lettuce and mayo combo?
CONFESSION OF THE DAY: Not to harp on something but it finally hit me last night after doing my post that my little Kiki Baby is gone. I cried myself to sleep last night. Isn't it crazy how we can take for granted and not always appreciate the little things in our life such as our pets and how quickly things can be taken from us?